My name is Katie Gurwell. I am a therapist and coach who works with motivated people who are feeling stuck, disconnected or burned out. I help them to heal and unlock their inner strengths, so that they can lead a life of more ease, joy, and authenticity.
As a therapist and coach, I embrace the following philosophies:
- I believe that you deserve a life that you love.
- I believe that sustainable change is possible.
- I believe in harnessing your strengths and natural resiliency to promote change.
- I believe that “following the trail-heads” of your pain or stuck-ness helps to uncover hidden wisdom, energy and strength.
- I believe in life-long learning and growth.
- I achieve this by reading about the field and attending trainings and consultations. I love to muse about life and explore the paths to purpose, meaning, and well-being.
Learn more about my approach as you explore the rest of my website. I am currently accepting new clients and invite you to schedule a complimentary phone consultation. I look forward to connecting with you.
Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science
I have a Master of Arts in Applied Behavioral Science with an emphasis in Systems Counseling from The Leadership Institute of Seattle (formerly accredited through Bastyr University, now through Saybrook University).
Internal Family Systems Therapy
I’m trained in Internal Family Systems Therapy® (IFS) and have assisted in training others in with this approach. Learn more about IFS and how it informs what I do.
Intimacy from the Inside Out
I’m trained in Intimacy from the Inside Out® for couples. Learn more about Intimacy from the Inside Out® and how I combine it with IFS.
I completed advanced training in Lifespan Integration ™(LI). This therapy is very complementary to IFS. Read more about IFS and LI.